Friday, January 1, 2010

Back on the Blog...

After a long hiatus, I am back...My previous blog - Andaz Apna Apna (andazapna2.blogspot.com) is no longer available for me to add new posts. Presumably due to inactivity. Serves me right.

While this blog will cover the wide range of subjects that interest me - sports, books, films, technology and religion, my primary emphasis will be to stimulate a discussion around how fundamentalist thought is taking over the world. I hope to be able to, through actual events happening around us, expose the hypocrisy and fallacy of the proponents of fundamentalism to foster divisiveness and total lack of tolerance to alternate notions and views.

You may ask - why is this an important subject that merits discussion? Its my fervent belief that as the "world gets flatter", its inhabitants are being manipulated by politicians and religious leaders to get more insular in their beliefs and their ideals. My hope is that there are others out there who share this sentiment and that we can part of a larger dialog on the Web that helps fight this regressive phenomenon.